Communications Manager & Grant Writer • Leake & Watts
2015-PRESENT • BRONX, NY
PUBLICATIONS • WEB • PR • SOCIAL MEDIA • FUNDRAISING • GRANTWRITING
• Coordinated and wrote grant applications securing more than $2 million in government funding and $600,000 from private foundations.
• Oversaw institutional rebranding and new website development for this growing $110 million+ social service nonprofit.
• Developed strategic communications plan to align external relations with strategic vision of the continually growing organization amid shifting and often difficult nonprofit landscape.
• Organized, wrote and designed press releases, donor appeals, electronic and print communications, annual reports, brochures, and press kits to support all external relations, including foundation contacts, public officials, and area and nonprofit-focused media.
Communications Officer • French-American Foundation
2010-2015 • NEW YORK, NY
PUBLICATIONS • WEB • PR • FUNDRAISING • EVENTS & CONFERENCES
• Moved all creative in-house, reducing budget by $25k annually, serving as lead content manager, writer, designer for 50+ print and web communication pieces annually, developing and streamlining a cohesive brand for this transatlantic exchange organization in support of all external relations.
• Maintained relationships with local, national and international press, resulting in coverage in specialized and major media, such as Le Monde, Le Figaro, and The Washington Post.
• Planned, arranged, and promoted 20+ events annually from receptions to lectures to special performances with diverse participants, from four-star generals and foreign ministers to Pulitzer Prize-winning authors, Nobel laureates, acclaimed artists and performers, and entrepreneurs.
• Conceptualized agendas, produced materials, and organized logistical details for various conferences and exchanges, securing high-level participation including leading experts and influencers, corporate leaders, prominent journalists, and government officials in various fields (cyber security, media, urban planning, immigration and education policy, government, among others).
Communications Associate • New York University
2008-2010 • NEW YORK, NY
EMAILS • NEWSLETTERS • PROFILES • DONOR & ALUMNI OUTREACH
• Wrote and edited copy for online and print alumni publications and university correspondence, including features of prominent and accomplished members of the alumni network and promotional pieces on university-led alumni initiatives.
Web Content Manager & Writer • Baker University
2007-2008 • BALDWIN CITY, KS
WEB MANAGEMENT • PUBLICATIONS • RESEARCH • SPECIAL EVENTS
• Oversaw the development of a new website and all content aligning with a rebranding effort, serving as head liaison between an external branding firm and various internal stakeholders.
• wrote and edited copy for electronic and print advertisements, targeted outreach, alumni publications and mailings, and multimedia presentations.
• contributed to yearlong series of special events, presentations, and publications commemorating of the university’s 150th year.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
2010 • New York, NY & Paris, France
MA • Journalism & French Studies
2007 • Baldwin City, KS
BA & BS • Summa Cum Laude
Majors: Journalism • French • Theatre
Minors: German • English • Political Science
ENGLISH TEACHING ASSISTANT
2004-2005 • Lycée Jean de Pange
2007 • Experiment in International Living
Paris & St. Dié des Vosges, France Heidelberg, Germany
Languages French, fluent • German, conversational
Marketing, Writing & Editing AP Style • Journalism from news to narrative • promotional marketing • branding • PR • social media • strategic communications
Design & Computers Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) • Microsoft Office •
HTML CMS (Wordpress, Joomla!, Drupal)
Volunteerism viBe Theater Experience, Board of Directors, communications & fundraiser lead (2013-2016) • New Alternatives for LGBTQ Youth, communications volunteer (2013-2014)